ARK Core v2 set for MainNet Launch on November 28th This Year
As per reports, the Core V2 codebase is developed from scratch after relentless testing and fine-tuning, it will act as a backbone for the ARK Blockchain.
From the start, the team’s goal has been to be as accessible and scalable for custom blockchains as WordPress is for custom websites, and when coupled with ARK’s interoperability features creates the perfect ecosystem for interconnected plug-and-play chains.
Under the new architecture, nearly all aspects of the ARK code base could be modified, extended or replaced quickly and easily. This approach would allow Blockchain developers maximum flexibility in aligning their bridge chains to reflect their requirements.
The time has come. #ARK Core v2 is now ready for launch. We are proud to announce the final and now official release date of Core v2. November 28th, 2018.https://t.co/MjKux6DLnI$ARK #blockchain #upgrade #corev2 #releasedate #dpos #Interoperability #Crypto #cryptocurrency
— ARK.io (@ArkEcosystem) November 19, 2018
ARK Core V2 Features
- Dynamic fees — the addition of dynamic fees enabling delegates to set their own fees for transactions and Users have the option to modify and pay fees they are comfortable with for sending transactions.
- Plugin system — The majority of ARK’s processes have been developed as plugins. Only a few lines of code are required to add or remove new plugins to the system.
- Increased Transactions per second — increased no. of transactions that can be put in a single block from 50 to 150, bringing TPS from 6.25 to 18.75 (a 3 times increase).
- New API — The new API is much more powerful and stable, provides additional endpoints, follows the latest API standards and gives developers more options.
- Webhook Support — allows apps to provide other applications with real-time information, and delivers data as it happens.
- Enhanced transaction pool management — this is leveraging the power of memory and SQLite for increased stability, reliability and foundation for more future enhancements.
Transitioning to Core V2 and more…
On 28th Nov, the ARK team will install the new Core to the main servers. As this is a Hardfork, everyone who wants to run a node will need to replace their old deprecated ARKNode code with ARKCore.
As the transition happens, users might experience small downtimes but the new Core will be much easier to integrate, plus by default comes with a JSON-RPC plugin (which a lot of exchanges use), so implementation will be easier and hassle-free.
For now, the focus will be to monitor and address any issues or bugs. After that Core v2.1 will go under development. The next major release for ARK is due for a release in early 2019.
Core v2.1 will bring in new transaction types such as timelock, updated multi-signatures, multi-payment support, increase size for SmartBridge field from 64 to 256 chars and will allow “Push.Button.Blockchain.” to fully shine with cross-chain interoperability options.
Additionally, ARK is working on
- ARK Pay – A simple open-source library that will provide merchants and vendors the ability to easily implement and start accepting ARK as a means of payment in online shops. Will be released in the coming weeks.
- ARK Desktop Wallet v2 – A new desktop wallet built from scratch brings in a new codebase, improved UI, dynamic fee support and much more.
- Whitepaper v2 – Rewritten whitepaper that will cover ARK basics, and go into more details of some of the aspects of it, along with the near and far end vision for ARK.
Ark is ending this year on a high with major upgrades and release of additional products. The transition might result in a downtime for a few days but the transition is necessary for further ease of development in the future.
Did you like the news you just read? Please leave a feedback to help us serve you better
Disclaimer: Blockmanity is a news portal and does not provide any financial advice. Blockmanity's role is to inform the cryptocurrency and blockchain community about what's going on in this space. Please do your own due diligence before making any investment. Blockmanity won't be responsible for any loss of funds.