Litecoin creator Charlie Lee meets with Crypto friendly Presidential Candidate Andrew Yang
Creator of Litecoin recently met 2020 US presidential candidate Andrew Yang, Yang posted a picture with Lee on Twitter with the caption:
“Congrats @SatoshiLite on being such a pioneer – let’s build the future”
Who is Andrew Yang?
Andrew Yang is a former entrepreneur who is running for president from the Democratic party, he is one of two presidential candidates to accept Crypto donations and the only candidate to have a dedicated page on policy prescriptions for Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain technology.
Blockmanity reported about Yang’s Crypto policy prescriptions which were released back in March, Here are some of the highlights of his policies:
- Promote legislation that provides clarity in the cryptocurrency/digital asset market space by:
- Defining what a token is, and when it is a security (e.g., recognizing “utility tokens”)
- Define which federal agencies have regulatory power over the crypto/digital assets space
- Provide for consumer protections in the space
- Clarify the tax implications of owning, selling, and trading digital assets
- Promote the nationwide adoption of recognition of protections afforded by a series LLC
- Preempt state regulations when possible to create one national framework
- Work with the sponsors of the Token Taxonomy Act and Wyoming legislators to promote the above, largely modeled after their work
Yang is clearly a favorite in the Crypto community due to his understanding of the implications of this technology, in a Facebook AMA he said:
“I’m a fan of the underlying technology around Blockchain, it has a wealth of potential. I do think the entire Cryptocurrency phenomenon has gotten a bit ahead of itself but that’s normal when there’s a new technology.
You see that with stocks in the dot com bubble 1.0 where it went too far but you laid this real foundation that ends up creating awesome value and that’s what I think is going to happen in the Crypto space where the Blockchain has immense potential to enable transparency and trust”
Yang who was an unknown two years ago has gained a lot of traction for his UBI (Universal Basic Income) initiative, he became eligible for the debates in the democratic party where he will share the stage with 19 other candidates including Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders, Cory Brooker, and others. He has also done a lot of interviews with popular figures like Joe Rogan, Breakfast Club, and Ben Shapiro.
Charlie Lee meeting with Yang definitely comes as a good move to increase education around Litecoin, they might even collaborate in the future to shape Crypto regulations or to bring Yang to the Litecoin Summit to be held this October.
Did you like the news you just read? Please leave a feedback to help us serve you better
Disclaimer: Blockmanity is a news portal and does not provide any financial advice. Blockmanity's role is to inform the cryptocurrency and blockchain community about what's going on in this space. Please do your own due diligence before making any investment. Blockmanity won't be responsible for any loss of funds.