Binance to Offer More than 30,000 Web3 Scholarships in 2023
Binance Charity Fund, the charity arm of Binance Global Inc, has revealed its plan to fund 30,665 scholarships for Web3 in the year 2023. Web3 is the next iteration of the internet, built on blockchain technology, cryptocurrency, and non-fungible tokens. The funding provided by Binance Charity Fund will help students to develop their skills and experience in the Web3 field without facing financial barriers, thus increasing the diversity and talent of those working in the field.
Binance Charity Scholar Program
On January 20th, Binance Charity announced through a blog post that the Binance Charity Scholar Program (BCSP) will be offering free education and training for Web3 technology. The program is designed to assist tech-savvy individuals to further their careers without facing financial difficulties. The post stated that 82,000 applicants applied to join the next BCSP class and the acceptance rate was around 37%.
- The Binance Charity Scholar Program aims to provide financial assistance to new students to help them acquire skills and experience in the Web3 field.
- Web3 is a term that encompasses the next generation of the internet, which is built using blockchain technology, cryptocurrency, and non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
- In the last six months, Binance Charity has donated over $2.2 million in BUSD (a stablecoin pegged to the dollar and created by Binance and Paxos) and has provided 36,500 scholarship placements from a pool of 82,000 applications.
- These placements have been offered in educational institutions from various parts of the world, including Australia, Cyprus, France, Germany, Nigeria, and Senegal.
- Binance Charity also mentioned that it is working with Ukrainian institutions to help retrain people who have lost their jobs due to the Russian invasion.
- The charity has partnered with the non-profit organization, Women in Tech, to provide training to nearly 3,000 women in South Africa and Brazil.
- The scholarship program comes at a time when there is a high demand for software engineers. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 25% increase in employment opportunities for software engineers, or about 411,400 positions, in the next 10 years.
Did you like the news you just read? Please leave a feedback to help us serve you better
Disclaimer: Blockmanity is a news portal and does not provide any financial advice. Blockmanity's role is to inform the cryptocurrency and blockchain community about what's going on in this space. Please do your own due diligence before making any investment. Blockmanity won't be responsible for any loss of funds.