You can now purchase Bitcoin[BTC], Ethereum[ETH], Litecoin[LTC] and Bitcoin Cash[BCH] through Yahoo Finance
Yahoo, the internet’s darling of the 2000s era, has quietly added an option to Buy and Sell cryptocurrency through its platform. Yahoo Finance, which is the world’s most popular financial news website, currently supports the Buy/Sell button on 4 cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, and Litecoin.
The Buy/Sell option is provided through third-party brokers similar to Buy/Sell options for Yahoo stocks. The current list of brokers is provided through TradeIt and currently includes 2 cryptocurrency exchanges CoinBase and RobinHood. Yahoo Finance does not store your account details but rather provide the convenience to trade from one place.
This feature is currently only available in the United States. Currently, there is no comment from the company whether to expand this feature into other countries. Yahoo Finance, serves 165 Million users monthly, with 69% traffic coming from the US, followed by 6.3% from Canada.
How to Buy/Sell Cryptocurrency on Yahoo Finance
Buying and Selling cryptocurrencies through Yahoo Finance is fairly easy.
- Should have access to the US website
- Have an account in Coinbase or RobinHood
- Visit the Yahoo Finance US website.
- Search for the chart of currency you want to trade, paired with USD (Eg: BTC/USD, ETH/USD)
Screenshot of Buy Sell Bitcoin button on Yahoo Finance
- Click on the Buy or Sell button next to the name.
- Select Your exchange, and you will be redirected to the exchange to link your account with Yahoo
- Once successful, you can place your order through Yahoo.
Disclaimer: Blockmanity is a news portal and does not provide any financial advice. Blockmanity's role is to inform the cryptocurrency and blockchain community about what's going on in this space. Please do your own due diligence before making any investment. Blockmanity won't be responsible for any loss of funds.
Did you like the news you just read? Please leave a feedback to help us serve you better