Steve Wozniak Joins a Crypto Powered Fund as a Co-Founder
Apple’s Co-Founder Steve Wozniak has joined a Blockchain focused Venture Fund EQUI Global as a Co-Founder. The fund uses a unique model where investors can buy and trade into the fund using EquiTokens(Built on the Ethereum Blockchain).
There were reports previously of Wozniak’s involvement in a Blockchain company which is now revealed to be Equi Global. In an announcement, he revealed that he’s joining the fund as a co-founder along with founder Doug Barrowman and co-founder Baroness Michelle Mone OBE.
Equi Global is approaching the venture industry with a unique model where the investors get access to liquidity as the EquiToken can be traded in Crypto exchanges. Equi Global expects other venture capital funds also to follow the same model eventually.
Verdict reports that the fund is mainly aimed at sophisticated investors and is already said to be looking at 20 businesses to invest. About 80% of the fund’s investments will be in technology companies and the rest 20% in real estate and art.
Steve Wozniak said:
“I get ideas pitched to me every single day in fact dozens and I always say no. Since I co-founded Apple with Steve Jobs, this is about the second time in twenty years that I actually said yes, I want to be a part of this. It has to be something I really believe in and I really believe in EQUI.”
Wozniak had previously had called the Blockchain ecosystem as a bubble with a lot of frothy companies, but he is a believer in Bitcoin. He had called it “pure” and a form of digital gold.
Steve Wozniak is a reputable figure in the tech industry, his involvement in the Blockchain industry brings in a lot of validity and recognition to the industry. It is also interesting that the Venture fund uses a token model to access liquidity which is a new approach in the realm of Venture capital.
Did you like the news you just read? Please leave a feedback to help us serve you better
Disclaimer: Blockmanity is a news portal and does not provide any financial advice. Blockmanity's role is to inform the cryptocurrency and blockchain community about what's going on in this space. Please do your own due diligence before making any investment. Blockmanity won't be responsible for any loss of funds.