Blockmanity’s Top 10 Most-Read Articles of 2018
Blockmanity is not even a year old, but we have extensively covered news on various topics ranging from Bitcoin to Brazil’s president, price action to real adoption, Floyd Mayweather to Ron Paul. Although 2018 was a rough year for Cryptocurrencies, it did not fall short in providing juicy news.
Here are the most popular news articles of Blockmanity:
1. Vitalik’s new Consensus Algorithm to make 51% attack obsolete, requires 99% nodes for attack -By Ishan Garg (August 12)
Our most read article happens to feature the genius creator of Ethereum Vitalik Buterin, he published a paper which highlighted a new kind of consensus algorithm that theoretically required only 1% of the nodes to be honest to achieve full validity.
Vitalik’s new Consensus Algorithm to make 51% attack obsolete, requires 99% nodes for attack
2. Floyd Mayweather and DJ Khaled Sued Over an ICO Scam -By Shrikar (October 20)
You might be wondering what Floyd Mayweather, the boxing superstar and DJ Khaled have to do with Crypto news. Even though they are geniuses in their own field they did not happen to make smart decisions in the Cryptosphere. They promoted scam ICOs and ended up paying a price for it.
3. Disney’s Wreck-It-Ralph 2 features Cryptocurrency Startup SAFE Network – By Rishabh Bose (November 30)
Cryptocurrencies did not fall short on in penetrating the mainstream culture in 2018, ranging from Kim Kardashians Instagram to Eminem’s song Crypto was all over the place.
The Cryptocurrency startup SAFE Network ended up getting featured in the hit movie ‘Wreck it Ralph 2’.
Disney’s Wreck-It-Ralph 2 features Cryptocurrency Startup SAFE Network
4. Ron Paul Calls for Exempting Cryptocurrencies from Capital Gains Tax – By Shrikar (October 30)
Former U.S representative Ron Paul made news this year in Crypto. He not only endorsed Bitcoin but also called for exempting Gold and Cryptocurrencies from capital gains tax as they serve as an alternative to the FED backed Fiat system.
Ron Paul Calls for Exempting Cryptocurrencies from Capital Gains Tax
5. Litecoin Will Soon have over 1000 Merchants Accepting Payments Using Lightning Network – By Shrikar (December 14)
Even though the price of Cryptocurrencies has dropped significantly this year, it hasn’t stopped the developers from improving the technology nor the adoption. Litecoin, the silver to Bitcoin’s gold is making leaps in adopting layer 2 technologies like Lightning network.
Litecoin Will Soon have over 1000 Merchants Accepting Payments Using Lightning Network
6. Litecoin’s Creator Charlie Lee makes Two Accurate Predictions within one year – By Ishan Garg (December 16)
The Crypto OG and creator of Litecoin Charlie Lee ended up making two predictions that came true this year.
Litecoin’s Creator Charlie Lee makes Two Accurate Predictions within one year
7. Dogecoin Creator says Ripple (XRP) is like InitiativeQ Without Referrals – By Shrikar (December 2)
Jackson Palmer, creator of Dogecoin took a jab at the XRP fans by comparing it to InitiativeQ.
Dogecoin Creator says Ripple (XRP) is like InitiativeQ Without Referrals
8. Dogecoin to be used as Payments in Coffee Shops, Mom and Pop Businesses with DogePal – By Shrikar (November 11)
1 DOGE = 1 DOGE
Dogecoin to be used as Payments in Coffee Shops, Mom and Pop Businesses with DogePal
9. Presidential candidate of Brazil promises to make Bitcoin (BTC) a legal currency in Brazil – By Ishan Garg (August 10)
Joao Amoedo, the presidential candidate of Brazil, had expressed a strong desire to make Bitcoin a legal currency in Brazil but unfortunately, he did not win the elections this time.
Presidential candidate of Brazil promises to make Bitcoin (BTC) a legal currency in Brazil
10. Ron Paul says its Time to end the FED, Endorses Tax-Free Bitcoin – By Shrikar (December 22)
Its Ron Paul in the news again! He says its time to end the FED and embrace gold and Bitcoin.
Ron Paul says its Time to end the FED, Endorses Tax-Free Bitcoin
Thank you for reading the article. Wishing you a very Happy New Year from team Blockmanity
Discuss this news on our Telegram Community. Subscribe to us on Google news and do follow us on Twitter @Blockmanity
Did you like the news you just read? Please leave a feedback to help us serve you better
Disclaimer: Blockmanity is a news portal and does not provide any financial advice. Blockmanity's role is to inform the cryptocurrency and blockchain community about what's going on in this space. Please do your own due diligence before making any investment. Blockmanity won't be responsible for any loss of funds.
Leave a Reply